Are you affected by the new Apprenticeship Levy?
The Apprenticeship Levy, introduced in April 2017, is basically a levy on employers to fund new apprenticeships.
The levy is charged at a rate of 0.5% of an employer’s paybill (if this is more than £3 million) but employers will receive an allowance of £15,000 to offset against their levy payment. It is the government’s intention that the levy will help support quality training for apprentices and employers who are committed to training will be able to get more out, than they pay in to the levy.
Is this you?
- Never had an apprentice before and not sure how it all works.
- Don’t know which apprenticeships would be right for your staff.
- Don’t pay the levy, but still want an apprentice.
- Don’t know where to go for the training.
- Struggle to find the time in school to focus on apprenticeships and find out about the levy.
Let Ideas4careers help you to develop your staff and make sure you use your levy and don’t lose it!
How we can help you
We will offer a free initial consultation to look at the impact of the reforms and the levy on your business, to identify immediate actions and look at the way we could help you.
Levy payers – we will:
- help you calculate the value of the levy and how it will affect your business
- develop a strategy to ensure your business maximises the return on the levy investment
- get your academy registered on to the digital apprenticeship service and ready to pay the levy
All businesses – we will:
- support you to prepare a plan of action
- support you to create a strategy to drive apprenticeships forward in your business
- help you to identify progression routes and opportunities for your existing employees to start apprenticeships
- support the recruitment and selection of existing and new apprentices and develop career pathways
- impartially help you to source quality-assured college or training providers
- ensure you take full advantage of all the incentives available
For your free consultation contact: Julie Mather, Senior Consultant – Workforce Development on 07513 322 020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
“Julie assisted Bulwell Academy with identifying the most appropriate course and provider for our apprentice programme. This included ensuring that we know the right questions to ask a provider and have an effective agreement in place. The result was that we were able to identify a better and more cost-effective training solution benefiting both the academy and the apprentices. Julie also assisted us with registering for the apprentice levy and maximising our use of available funding.
Julie is extremely knowledgeable and thorough in the support she provides.”
Mark Blyton, Finance Director – Bulwell and Milton Keynes Academy